Join the Burbank Vikings Youth Cheer Program
*Serving Students Kindergarten-8th Grade*
When: April 22nd, 8am-11am & April 30th, 2pm-4pm
Where: Burbank High School– Football Field
Includes: Uniform, Bow, Shirt, Pom Poms,
Instruction & Unlimited Fun!
*Uniform Fitting & Last Chance Sign Ups*
May 6th 10am-1pm: Email, Alyssa for location
Cheerleading next sign up and uniform fitting:
Tuesday 5/24 at Burbank High School
Getting ready for 2016!
Who are we?
Burbank Vikings Cheer is dedicated to giving an introductory sneak peek into the world of cheerleading. From stunting, to game time, to homecoming, we try to capture all the fun while instilling the hard work ethic required of cheerleaders.
What’s New in 2016?
We are really examining ways to improve our program. Seeing as we are all volunteers, that means we are looking to dedicated parents for assistance. This year, there will be a mandatory volunteer fee for all who sign up. A check will be required at sign-ups. Once volunteer hours have been met, the fee will be returned. Also, there will be ‘offices’ made available. For example, I will ask for single volunteers to manage specific one-time tasks like Picture Day Manager, Uniform Distribution Manager, Sweatshirt Manager, Homecoming Manager, Banquet & Yearbook Manager etc. Manager descriptions will be posted shortly.
Additionally, each team/division will have a dedicated Cheerleading Athletic Director who is required to attend two meetings at minimum, and manage game day operations for the team including rosters, attendance, snack assignments per game, paperwork, etc. Any of these positions would take care of your mandatory volunteer hours for the season.
When do we begin?
Sign-ups are right around the corner. Cheerleading will be doing IN PERSON SIGN UPS ONLY! We are doing this because we have a new contract that is multiple pages which outlines expectations very clearly. There will be 3 sign up dates which are TBD.
Who can sign up and what should I expect?
- Ages 6-13 (not in high school)
- Teams are assigned based on age, not skill. Girls may cheer down, but may not cheer up. (A 12 yr old girl may cheer for her 7 yr old brothers team, but a 7 yr old may not cheer on a Senior level team. This is for safety and comprehension purposes.)
- Practice will tentatively begin the week of 7/25. Location is TBD, but it will be at a school in Burbank. Practice is 6-7:15PM 3x a week. Days TBD.
- Attendance at practice is mandatory! Missing 3 or more practices may result in diminished stunting privileges or not be considered for the competition team, if one arises. Once the season begins, practice time will drop drastically.
- The first game is 8/27. Games are every Saturday thru Oct 22nd. Playoffs run 10/29 & 11/5 with the Invitational on 11/12 and Super Bowl 11/19. Playoffs, Invitationals and Super Bowl participation is contingent on the football teams performance and record.
- Fees will mirror 2015 fees with returning cheerleaders paying $150 and new cheerleaders paying $300. Payment plans are available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Fees includes full uniform shell top, skirt, bow, briefs, and sweatshirt/jacket. Shoes are to be purchased individually. A link will be provided.
In order for a competition to exist, interest must be high. Selection to the team requires selection by the coach via tryouts. Additional fees and time will be required. Competition season goes into February and travel is required. It is a HUGE time commitment so please only express interest if serious. More information to come. 8-10 is the current age range being considered, but is subject to change.
Email email@example.com for more information.